Why SERVPRO of Catawba County East Can Handle Any Size Disaster
We sent a team to WIlmington in 2018 to clean up after Hurricane Florence!
Our team is known for cleaning up and restoring local homes and businesses, but did you know we’ve also served properties with nearly a million dollars in damages? Despite being a local franchise, we have the resources and experience to clean up any size disaster. In fact, SERVPRO headquarters has designated SERVPRO of Catawba County East as a large loss location—a status only given to SERVPRO locations with the proven capabilities to handle large disasters.
If you’re still not convinced, here are some other reasons we can back up our claim:
- We have cleaned up many large disasters. In our more than 11 years in operation, we have cleaned up more than a dozen major disasters—ranging from the aftermath of Hurricane Florence to the fire at Lees-McRae College. Our team has years of experience and knows exactly what to do, regardless of the situation.
- We have roughly 70 employees. A large-scale disaster requires a large-scale response, and our team of roughly 70 trained employees can be mobilized at a moment’s notice. Because we have a large staff, we can clean and restore your property quickly and efficiently.
- We have access to more than 1,700 SERVPRO locations. It’s rare that we encounter a job that requires more manpower or equipment than we can afford, but when we do, we can call in support from our nationwide network of SERVPRO locations. It’s this unique ability that enabled SERVPRO professionals to clean up the Pentagon!
If you have fire or water damage, you’ll want to hire experienced professionals to clean and restore your property. Fortunately, if you live in the Newton or Conover areas, you have access to a team that is capable of handling any size disaster. You can call SERVPRO of Catawba County East any time at (828) 465-6504!
SERVPRO of Catawba County East is IICRC-Certified
Our company continues to hold its Certified Firm status with the IICRC!
At SERVPRO of Catawba County East, we believe that our employees can best serve our customers by being trained and knowledgeable in the services that we provide. We require our employees to go through SERVPRO’s training program, but we also require them to get their certifications through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Since the IICRC is the standard-setting organization in the cleaning and restoration industry, we’re proud to be certified members!
What is the IICRC?
Within the restoration industry, the IICRC is known as the organization that certifies technicians and sets the standards that restoration companies use in their day-to-day operations. Since the 1970s, this nonprofit has helped define terminology and set procedures for cleaning and restoring fire damage, water damage, mold, biohazards, and more. Most importantly, they have created universally accepted certification programs that help educate technicians and demonstrate proficiency.
Why We Are IICRC-Certified
It’s every restoration company’s goal to have IICRC-certified employees and to become a certified firm. These certifications are not only a good foundation for our employees, but it also lets our customers know that we are current with the latest restoration practices. So if you have a disaster at your home, call our certified professionals any time at (828) 465-6504!
Can You Restore My Burnt Documents?
We can't restore burnt documents to their original condition, but we can clean them and prevent further deterioration!
Your home isn’t the only thing that can be damaged by a fire. Your furniture, possessions, and even your documents are all susceptible to fire damage. We’ve helped many people recover their burnt or otherwise-damaged documents, but it’s not always clear to customers what that means.
Restoring Your Damaged Documents
While it’s true that SERVPRO of Catawba County East can clean and deodorize your fire-damaged documents, it’s important you understand that we can’t undo any existing damage. Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to truly restore your documents to their original condition.
Still, we take every possible step to clean and preserve your belongings. If you have a document with only light damage and is still mostly or completely legible, we can sanitize, deodorize, and even digitize them!
Fire Damage Restoration Professionals
For years, we have helped hundreds of local homeowners clean and restore their fire-damaged property. If you have burnt documents, soot-damaged belongings, or even damage to your structure, you should call our expert team today. We’re available 24/7 at (828) 465-6504!
Why Businesses are Choosing to Be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our trained team is always available to clean and disinfect your local business!
Since COVID-19 became a pandemic, every local business in the Newton and Conover area has had to take precautions to protect themselves and their customers. Now that we’re a few months into the ordeal, many consumers are looking to revisit their favorite businesses—as long as they can do so safely.
We recently announced a new viral cleaning initiative—Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned—which was designed to disinfect local businesses while instilling confidence in consumers. Since we launched the program, we’ve worked with dozens of local businesses from multiple industries.
SERVPRO is a Trusted Brand
Although SERVPRO of Catawba County East has operated in the area for over a decade, SERVPRO itself has been a leading expert in the cleaning and restoration industry for more than 50 years. We have developed proprietary cleaning products that we use every day, even when we clean and disinfect local businesses. We are also one of the top restoration brands in the country, which gives customers assurance when they see your business has been disinfected by SERVPRO.
Give Your Customers Peace of Mind
Although many businesses have begun to reopen in some capacity, many consumers aren’t on the same page. In truth, your business likely has to go above and beyond the government recommendations before you begin to win your customers’ confidence. When you choose to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you’re signaling to customers that you’re taking extra precautions to ensure their safety. We even provide special signage so you can show customers the last time your property was professionally cleaned and disinfected.
Choose to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
If your local business has foot traffic—either from employees or customers—you’ll need to clean and disinfect your property. Don’t do it yourself—get it professionally done so you can show your community that you’re taking special care to keep them safe. SERVPRO of Catawba County East has helped many businesses in the area, so if you would like a free consultation, call us today at (828) 465-6504!
3 Ways Being Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Can Help Your Business
Our employees disfinfect a local office as part of our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned initiative.
We recently announced our new viral cleaning program for local businesses—Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. By participating, our team will clean and disinfect your commercial property to a standard of clean that adheres to CDC and local health guidelines. Many businesses have already participated, but there are many who are still unsure how the initiative will benefit them and their customers. If you’re considering being Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, here are 3 ways we can help.
- Instill confidence in your staff. Even though many businesses have reopened, there are still many employees who are hesitant to return to work. By being Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you are giving your employees peace of mind. Although there’s still a risk of exposure, you’re taking an extra step to keep them safe.
- Let your customers know you’re taking steps to keep them safe. Your customers are just as important as your staff, which is why any business who participates in the program will receive special signage to let your customers know you’ve been professionally cleaned and disinfected. This can help customers feel more comfortable entering your place of business!
- You can let customers know the last time you’ve been disinfected. There’s a big difference between having your business disinfected last month versus yesterday. Let your customers and employee knows you’re having your property professionally cleaned on a regular basis. After each time we clean, we sign and date your special window sign so your customers know you’re current.
As cases continue to rise in North Carolina, it’s important that we take the necessary precautions to keep our employees, customers, and community safe. If you have a business in the Newton or Conover areas, call us today at (828) 465-6504 to schedule a consultation!
Who You Should Call if You Have Water Damage
Water damage situations can be difficult to navigate, but if you call the right people, you can get successfully clean up and restore your home.
Water damage incidents occur more often than you think, but it can be a stressful and confusing situation for the uninitiated. Fortunately, these events can generally be handled by calling the right professionals. If you’re experiencing water damage for the first time, here you’ll find an overview of who you need to call.
- Water Damage Restoration Company. There are a few people you need to call, but one of the first calls should be to a local cleanup and restoration company (if you live in Catawba County, you can call our team at SERVPRO of Catawba County East). These professionals are the ones who will actually extract the water, dry the affected areas, and restore your property and belongings. The faster you call them, the better. If you have sufficient coverage, they even work alongside your insurance company!
- Plumber (if necessary). If your water damage is a result of a plumbing issue, you should call a plumber. Assuming you’ve already shut the water off, they will be able to repair the damages so you don’t have further issues. If you call a plumber first, be wary if they offer to also clean up the damage. From our experience, plumbers are great at addressing plumbing issues, but not so much with the cleanup and restoration process.
- You Insurance Agent/Company. In many cases, water damages are covered by your home insurance policy, so you should call your insurance company to file a claim. If you decide to call them first, they will refer you to a local cleanup and restoration company. If it’s a local agent, this is usually somebody they have a good relationship with. However, you can always choose to use your own preferred company. Remember, you always have a choice about who does the work!
While we hope you never have water damage at your home or business, it’s helpful to know what steps to take. If you need a Conover- or Newton-based cleanup and restoration company with more than 10 years of experience, then call SERVPRO of Catawba County East anytime at (828) 465-6504!
Introducing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our proactive viral cleaning program is designed to help our communities feel more confident as they visit our local businesses!
Let Us Help You Reopen Your Business
North Carolina continues to stay in Phase 2 as the coronavirus spreads throughout the state. Still, we’re gradually moving towards a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet that new standard.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a new defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current pandemic. This proactive pathogen cleaning program doesn’t replace your standard janitorial cleaning; it goes a step beyond that. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and our community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard.
We’re Highly Trained and Use Specialized Equipment
SERVPRO stands on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. In addition to fire and water damage, our professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills—always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence our community continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
You need a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable, and Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a custom cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call Today for a Consultation
We’re Here to Help—24 hours a day, seven days a week—until life is back to normal here in the Newton and Conover communities.
Call SERVPRO of Catawba County East today at (828) 465-6504 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Potential Water Damage Hazards in Your Home
Dishwashers are convenient, but they can also cause water damage!
When was the last time you checked on your water heater? Or the last time you inspected your home’s pipes? If you’re like most people, it’s been a long time—or never. Unfortunately, a lot of water damage incidents happen when they could have been prevented. The first step is to know what the potential water damage hazards are.
- Water heaters. We all like hot showers, but your water heater isn’t designed to last forever. Cracks or weaknesses in the container can result in a leak or outright burst, leading to thousands of dollars in damages. Be sure to check on the unit at regular intervals throughout the year and do some maintenance to extend the life of the tank.
- Dishwashers. Your dishwasher is an extremely convenient appliance, but it can also lead to substantial water damage. Like any machine, parts in a dishwasher can wear down and break, leading to leaks. This is especially problematic if the leak lasts an extended amount of time. If you do have a leak, you’ll likely need to replace a part, but if you’re unsure, contact a professional.
- Water pipes. Water pipes age over time, which can lead to weaknesses that ultimately result in leaks or flooding. You’ll want to check for leaks or cracks periodically, but you can extend your pipes’ life by installing a water softener, insulating them during the winter, and keeping the water pressure in check.
Unfortunately, water damages do sometimes happen, even if youtake preventative steps. If you run into this situation, don’t panic! Call our team at SERVPRO of Catawba County East, and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
3 Digital Resources for Storm Events
If we're experiencing threatening weather, check out some of these online resources!
In the age of information, there are thousands of resources available at your fingertips; conversely, that means there are thousands of resources to sift through. At SERVPRO of Catawba County East, we have seen how storms have caused significant damages to homes in our community, and it’s not always obvious where to look when you need help. That’s why we’re providing 3 of the top online resources for nearly any weather event.
- National Weather Service. The National Weather Service is a government agency that provides weather forecasts, warnings, and other related information to organizations and people across the nation. Their website offers in-depth information and forecasts for any region, including our own here in the Newton and Conover areas. If you’re looking for reliable weather updates, this is the place to go.
- FEMA. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is responsible for helping people before, during, and after disasters. Their website is particularly great if you are looking for information on dealing with many different types of disasters, such as flooding or hurricanes. If you are eligible for federal assistance, you can also visit their site for more information.
- Catawba County Government. When Catawba County declares a state of emergency, they put all relevant information on their website. In fact, residents were able to file claims if they needed assistance. If there’s any kind of major event, be sure to check their site for news and updates.
If there’s a storm event, it’s a great idea to get information from sites you can trust. And if you need cleanup and restoration services, that site is here at SERVPRO of Catawba County East. We’re available 24/7, so call us anytime at (828) 465-6504!
What You Should Know About Smoke Detectors
Smoke detectors are amazing devices that can help save your life if your home has a fire. While many homes have one installed, these systems are often neglected. If you do have a smoke detector (and we hope you do), there are a couple of things you should know.
- Test your system at least once a month. There’s nothing worse than a dead or malfunctioning smoke detector, but when was the last time you checked yours? At a minimum, you should have yours tested at least once a month. Most systems have a button you can hold, and if it beeps, it works!
- Replace your smoke detector every 10 years. You should replace your smoke alarm’s battery once a year, but the system itself needs to be replaced every ten. Believe it or not, smoke detectors don’t last forever, so if they aren’t replaced, they could fail when you need them most!
Our team has seen how destructive fires can be, which is why we advocate for everyone to have a smoke alarm installed in their home. If you do have a fire, however, know that our team at SERVPRO of Catawba County East is available 24/7 for cleanup and restoration!