“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
It might seem hard to believe, but mold spores can be naturally found in almost any environment—both indoors and outdoors. Of course, what this means is that mold spores are virtually impossible to remove from your home or business, even though there are some "mold removal" companies that will make the claim. But that doesn't mean that there is nothing you can do if mold begins growing in your property.
SERVPRO of Catawba County East performs mold remediation services for home and business owners in the Newton and Conover areas. This process does not "remove" mold; it instead stops and eliminates active mold growth, which is when mold spores actually become an issue. Our technicians will also address any factors that led to the growth so it does not come back.
If you have mold growth in your Newton or Conover property, SERVPRO of Catawba County East is here for you!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (828) 465-6504
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (828) 465-6504
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Catawba County East is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: