What Is Black Mold?
Black mold is a term often used in sensationalized media and blog posts, and it's often made to look like a dangerous type of mold. Unfortunately, many of these claims are false or misleading, and they often convince homeowners to take drastic and unnecessary measures. However, SERVPRO of Catawba County East is here to provide the truth about black mold.
There are many types of molds that can be black in color, but even stachybotrys chartarum—the species of mold most commonly associated with black mold—is no more dangerous than any other species of mold. Regardless, mold growth can produce allergens and irritants in addition to structural damage. In effect, all mold should be treated with a degree of caution; black mold deserves no special treatment or considerations.
Because the treatment for "black mold" is the same as all other species of mold, SERVPRO of Catawba County East is able to perform mold remediation in your Newton or Conover area property quickly and efficiently. If you suspect you have mold—black or otherwise—call us today at 828-465-6504!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Catawba County East immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (828) 465-6504
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Catawba County East is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Providence Mill
- Lake Norman Of Catawba
- Oxford Park
- Drums Crossroads