Water Damage Q & A: Why Do I Have Mold?
Mold can be a major problem for your home. In addition to causing some health effects, it can also cause structural damage and ruin your belongings. That’s why it’s highly recommended you immediately address any mold growth on your property. But how did your house get mold in the first place? The short answer: water.
Why Do I Have Mold in My Home?
The first thing every homeowner should know is that mold spores are found everywhere—even in your home. These spores are generally not an issue until they become active and begin to grow and spread. This process doesn’t occur until the spores are exposed to moisture.
If your home has recently had water damage—whether it’s from a leak or flooding—it’s at risk of having mold growth. In ideal conditions, mold can begin growing in as little as 24-48 hours after being exposed to moisture, which is why it’s important that any water damage is immediately dried.
If you notice mold but haven’t had water damage, moisture is still the culprit. In these cases, you might have an undetected leak (such as behind the wall), or the humidity levels might be too high in your home. Either way, you’ll need to investigate the water source.
Remediating Mold Growth
Mold’s never a good sign, but it’s not the end of the world. For over 10 years, our mold remediation experts have helped hundreds of homes and businesses with mold growth. The remediation process is a necessary step in regaining control of your home. So if you have mold growth in your home, call our team today!