If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (828) 465-6504

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Q&A: Is Black Mold Toxic?

12/18/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold Q&A: Is Black Mold Toxic? This black mold was growing on the back of a ceiling tile. Fortunately, black mold is not toxic!

The last thing a homeowner wants to hear is that they have black mold in their home. Especially in recent years, black mold has become known as a dangerous, if not deadly organism. But there’s a lot of misinformation about this kind of mold, and we hope to clear that up.

Is Black Mold Toxic?

Despite what you might have heard or read, black mold is not toxic. In fact, according to the CDC and other experts, no species of mold is toxic. While certain species can produce a byproduct known as mycotoxins, they are only produced in certain conditions and should not be regarded any more hazardous than other mold byproducts. In fact, black mold species are not the only kind to produce mycotoxins!

Black mold has unfairly received a lot of negative attention, but it should not be regarded as more dangerous than other mold species.

Remediating Mold Damage

Even though mold is not toxic, it can still pose a threat to your health or your home. That’s why we still recommend you have growth remediated as soon as possible. If you have mold growth in your home, call SERVPRO of Catawba County East today at (828) 465-6504!

Other News

View Recent Posts